Scroll down for details on the Medical Baseline battery rebate offer.
A representative from Ava will follow up about your application shortly
Ava customers who depend on electricity for their medical needs get our lowest rates
What is Medical Baseline?
The Medical Baseline program helps people who have serious medical conditions and/or medical equipment that can make it hard to afford their monthly bill. Ava customers enrolled in the Medical Baseline program get a special “Baseline Allowance” — a set number of kilowatt-hours of electricity each month charged at a reduced rate.
Eligibility for the Medical Baseline program is based on medical condition and/or use of medical devices only — not on income. The Medical Baseline discount applies to your gas service too. Anyone who lives in their home full-time can qualify for this program.
More than 19,000 Ava customers rely on electricity to power their essential medical equipment
- Medical Baseline customers get our lowest rates for electricity. This discount also applies to gas service via PG&E. As your natural gas provider, PG&E will bill you at their lowest rate as well.
- Partially waived PCIA fee. This discount saves our Medical Baseline customers approx. $19 per month on average.
- Save $1,000 on the purchase of a GoalZero Yeti 3000X portable power station. Enhance your emergency preparedness in the event of a grid outage with this dependable backup source of power for your home. Details here.
Have your electricity billed at Ava’s lowest rate through the Medical Baseline program.
The Medical Baseline Discount Explained
Medical Baseline customers get an allocation of 16.438 kWh/day at the lowest price (Tier 1) rates. For a typical Medical Baseline customer, that provides $30 per month of savings. Medical Baseline customers are partially exempt from paying the PCIA fee to PG&E, which amounts to an additional discount of $19 per month on average.
Our residential electricity customers — including those enrolled in the Medical Baseline program — also benefit from an additional 3% of savings because Ava’s Bright Choice service offers lower rates than PG&E.
Recent changes to the waived fee
The CPUC has authorized PG&E to eliminate the PCIA fee exemption for Ava and other exempt customers and will introduce the fee over a four-year period starting in 2022. When this begins, Ava Medical Baseline customers will still save more money each month than they would have with PG&E, but the amount of savings will decline until 2026 when Medical Baseline customers on Ava and PG&E service will pay the same fee amount.
Learn more about the Medical Baseline allowance, its benefits, and how to apply by visiting PG&E’s webpage. When you enroll in the program, the Medical Baseline discount will automatically be applied to Ava’s electricity service.
Limited Time Offer
Get $1,000 cash back on the purchase of a Goal Zero Yeti 3000X portable power station. Offer expires June 30, 2024.
Back-up electrical power is vital for your emergency preparedness plan.
Ava customers Ed and Ibrahim share their personal stories of how Ava’s Medical Baseline portable battery program helped them to increase their resilience in the event of a power outage.
Ava has a limited number of portable backup battery rebates available to eligible Medical Baseline customers.
Save $1,000 on the purchase of a GoalZero Yeti 3000X portable power station.
Be prepared for the next grid outage.
Apply now to receive $1,000 off the cost of a Goal Zero Yeti 3000X Portable Power Station—safe, clean backup electricity to enhance your emergency preparedness in the event of a grid outage.
- Run essential medical devices and appliances with confidence. A full size refrigerator (65W) or a CPAP machine (65W) can run up to 43 hours on a single charge.¹
- 7 different port options allow you to run multiple medical devices simultaneously. The LCD panel displays battery charge level, and the amount of time before it is fully charged or empty.¹
- Recharging is easy. Plug into a standard outlet and fully recharge the battery in 14 hours. You can also use a 12-volt car charger or a solar panel; accessories sold separately.¹
If the power outage is an emergency that requires you to evacuate, this portable backup battery can help while you relocate to safety.
To qualify for Ava’s $1,000 rebate, you must meet all of the program requirements:
• Active Ava electricity customer, and
• Enrolled in the Medical Baseline program, and
• Have an electricity-dependent medical device at home.
Proof of purchase is required
Submit a copy of your receipt or invoice as proof of purchase for your GoalZero Yeti 3000X Portable Power Station.
Low interest financing
If you need financial assistance to purchase your portable backup battery, FreedomTech provides low-interest loans for assistive technologies.
If you have questions or need assistance completing the application, please contact energyresilience@AvaEnergy.org or call Ava at +1 833.699.3223, 9AM–5PM on weekdays.
¹Visit the GoalZero website for complete product information and specifications. Please see Ava Medical Baseline Battery Rebate Terms and Conditions (PDF) for information on the Medical Baseline Battery Rebate offer.