The Solar Discount program provides access to solar energy andan additional 20% discount on your electric bill
Ava’s Solar Discount program makes solar energy accessible to more people including renters and homes unsuitable for solar rooftop installation. Program participants get clean, renewable energy PLUS an additional 20% savings on their electric bill on top of CARE and FERA rate discounts!
Electric power will be sourced from a local solar development to be selected in the coming months. In the interim, clean energy for this program will be supplied by an existing qualifying solar project.
- Phase I of the program included the acquisition of 5.8MWH of energy, enough to power 2,000 households.
- Phase II of the program will launch in 2022 at which time eligible customers can voluntarily enroll.
The Solar Discount program makes solar energy accessible to more people including renters and homes unsuitable for solar rooftop installation.
- Eligible customers receive an additional 20% off their electric bills—on top of CARE and FERA discounts.
- Supports local green-jobs training and workforce development programs by enabling job trainees to participate in solar electric system installations.
- Ava’s Solar Discount program is Green-e® Certified, and meets the environmental and consumer-protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at www.green-e.org.
Participants must be active Ava accountholders and:
- Be eligible for CARE or FERA
- Live in a designated Disadvantaged Community as defined by the State’s CalEnviroScreen tool.
How to Enroll
Solar Discount is a limited capacity program. We are not accepting applications at this time.
For a complete list of resources included in the Solar Discount program, view the following PDF documents: Product Content Label (PDF) (PDF), the Price Terms & Conditions (PDF) (PDF), and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (PDF).
If you have additional questions about Ava’s Solar Discount program, contact our call center Monday-Friday at +1 833.699.3223 from 9AM-5PM.
More Solar and Storage Programs for Residents
Keep the lights on with solar and storagePrepare for power outages with Alameda County’s new residential solar and battery backup program, Resilient Home.
Save with solar and net meteringAva’s Net Energy Metering (NEM) program provides credits and even cash back when your systems produce more energy than you use over a 12-month period.
When backup power is essentialAva serves more than 10,000 Medical Baseline customers who are dependent on electricity for their medical equipment.